03 February 2011 at 11:42
The International Harm Reduction Association's 22nd International Conference will be held in Beirut, Lebanon on April 3-7 2011. The annual international conference is a key event for all those interested in harm reduction around the world. The 2011 conference will include high profile Keynote speeches, Plenary Sessions, Major Sessions, Concurrent Sessions, Workshops, a Film Festival, Poster Exhibition, Exhibition areas, a Dialogue Space, social and networking events, and the annual IHRA Award presentations
The objectives of the conference are:
- To exchange knowledge about new scientific research and evidence on psychoactive drug use including alcohol and tobacco, drug related harms and the effectiveness of harm reduction interventions.
- To involve a broad range of participants from the Middle East and North Africa and beyond including government officials, frontline workers, HIV/AIDS and drug user advocates, people working in criminal justice, human rights advocates, law enforcement personnel, researchers and scientists.
- To enhance advocacy in MENA and internationally for harm reduction.
- To enable the transfer of harm reduction knowledge and sharing of best practices
- To raise awareness of human rights issues related to psychoactive drug use and harm reduction
For further details visit: www.ihra.net
The conference is affiliated to the International Journal of Drug Policy, published by Elsevier.